What do you like? Networks? Computer Games? Downloads? How about Free
Stuff? SearchSolaris.com can get you FREE info on the topics that
interest you most - and there are so many to choose from! We'll find
related news, information and special offers and deliver them
directly to your e-mailbox, all at no charge! Sign up today at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/postmasterDirect/.

LEAD STORY

"Analyst: Sun's storage strategy not clear to potential customers"
It seems hardly a day goes by when Sun doesn't have some kind of
storage-related announcement. searchSolaris might have to rent a
storage space for all the press releases! The company is churning out
the products left and right, but it needs to sell more than tangible
stuff -- it needs to sell a vision. According to one analyst, the
vision is not focused.

SOURCE: searchSolaris
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci555316,00.html

For more on Sun's recent moves in the storage market, check out these
Best Web Links at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid12_tax287099,00.html.

Get advice from your peers in our new discussion forums!! They're
located at
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]^0@.ee84451!viewtype=&skip=&expand=.

OTHER SOLARIS AND INDUSTRY NEWS
[1.] "Quick Takes: StuffIt for Solaris"
[2.] "Sun's Zander: No eulogies for the Web, please"
[3.] "XML 'won't kill off proprietary apps'"
[4.] "Gore tells IT crowd, 'You're in the right business'"
[5.] "Layoffs hurt tech conference organizers, too"

[1.] "Quick Takes: StuffIt for Solaris"
Solaris users -- go ahead and StuffIt -- it's okay! We're not being
mean or sassy, we're talking about a compression technology now
available for your stuffing pleasure. Read more in this week's Quick
Takes.

SOURCE: searchSolaris
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci555301,00.html

[2.] "Sun's Zander: No eulogies for the Web, please"
The Web is alive and well, despite rumors of its demise, according to
Sun's Ed Zander. He said many dot-coms made the mistake of believing
the Internet in and of itself made new businesses, rather than seeing
it as a technology. Zander also said Moore's Law about the increase
in microprocessor power every 18 months is old news, and that
bandwidth is the new key.

SOURCE: eWeek
http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2765140,00.html

[3.] "XML 'won't kill off proprietary apps'"
According to one of the "fathers of XML," making it a universal
language for business hasn't been as difficult as it could have been.
Bringing together rival vendors to create standards could have been a
disaster waiting to happen, but so far, everyone has played well
together.

SOURCE: vnunet
http://www.vnunet.com/News/1122024

[4.] "Gore tells IT crowd, 'You're in the right business'"
Former U.S. veep Al Gore told an audience in Washington, D.C. that IT
is the right business to be in right now, despite the rough going
over the past year. Gore said the longer-term trends are still
"extremely powerful."

SOURCE: IDG News
http://www.idg.net/ic_543902_1794_9-10000.html

[5.] "Layoffs hurt tech conference organizers, too"
One of the trickle-down effects of the IT slump? Not as many
conferences. That means the people who help plan the shindigs are
looking for other jobs. It's enough of an issue to inspire a new
support program for IT event planners and organizers who have gotten
pink slips.

SOURCE: ComputerWorld
http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO60829,00.html

Want help streamlining the Solaris systems management process? Then
head over to the searchSolaris Tips Exchange where you can read and
rate tips from dozens of Solaris administrators, or submit a tip of
your own. Just click on
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsIndex/0,289482,sid12_tax281849,00.html.

TAKE OUR LATEST POLL: Is the economy affecting your company, and you?
To answer, go to
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/poll/1,289525,sid12,00.html.

Have you seen our new "Word of the Week" feature! This week's word is
"IPsec." To read an in-depth definition of this term, or to look at
previous "Words of the Week," click on
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsIndex/0,289482,sid12_tax285170,00.html.

LEARNING ZONE FEATURED BOOK OF THE WEEK

"Designing and Programming CICS Applications," by John Horswill
Each part of "Designing and Programming CICS Applications" addresses
the design requirements for specific components and gives a
step-by-step approach to developing a simple application. The book
reviews the basic concepts of a business application and the way CICS
meets these requirements. It then covers a wide range of application
development technologies, including VisualAge for Java, WebSphere
Studio, and Visual Basic. Users learn not only how to design and
write their programs but also how to deploy their applications.
http://www.digitalguru.com/dgstore/product.asp?isbn=1565926765&ac_id=68

======================================
SEARCHSOLARIS.COM WEB LINK OF THE DAY
======================================

"Sound Off"
Our new "Sound Off" discussion forum is a great place to talk about
any Sun or Solaris-related topics that are on your mind. It's
especially great for getting advice from admins like yourself.

SOURCE: searchSolaris
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?50@@.ee8445c

================
THE MISSING LINK
================
A look at an off-the-wall story from the Web...

"The font of all personality"
Researchers have discovered that the type of type you chose can
provide them with a 'font' of information about you. It seems
handwriting analysts are now turning their attention to keystrokes.
Some of the more common font findings? Times New Roman typers are
trustworthy and respectable. Courier keyboardists are sensible and
cold.  And watch out for people who select curvy icons like Georgia
or Shelley. They're pure sex kittens, according to the psychologists.

SOURCE: BBC News
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1348000/1348871.stm

SOUND OFF! WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK - We're looking for your feedback
and suggestions on how we can improve the site. If you have any
comments or suggestions on topics you would like to see covered or
features you would like to see added, send an e-mail to our Asst.
Editor Mark Brunelli at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]. We look
forward to improving your searchSolaris experience!

Get free offers from reputable merchants for products that you are
interested in. Pick from over 50 categories of interest, modify your
profile at any time to suit your needs, and receive only the email
that interests you when you subscribe today. Just click on the link
below and get your account up and running:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/postmasterDirect/

If you would like to sponsor this or any techtarget newsletter,
please contact Gabrielle DeRussy at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.