Attend VERITAS VISION2001, the premier storage management event of
the year, November 4-8 in Dallas! Hear industry technology leaders
talk about the ever-changing advances in technology. Learn how
customers deploy VERITAS Software solutions to realize their maximum
return on investment. Discuss proven strategies that show how
business interoperability is key to driving business success. Plus,
preview the latest VERITAS products and participate in product
strategy discussions. For more information or to register for the
conference visit
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3266533;5058249;m?http://www.veritasvision.com.
=======================================

LEAD STORY

"Sun and the storage market"
Sun has taken a shine to the network storage market, churning out
products at the speed of light (well, not quite that fast, but pretty
darn quickly). SearchSolaris has been following Sun's moves in this
growing sector -- and storing the information as we go. Check out
what we've learned in our Featured Topic "Sun and the storage
market."

SOURCE: searchSolaris
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid12_gci755010,00.html

Discuss Sun's storage plans with your peers at
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?50@@.ee8445b.

OTHER SOLARIS AND INDUSTRY NEWS
[1] "Intel outlines faster, more scalable McKinley"
[2] "Nations uniting for open source"

[1] "Intel outlines faster, more scalable McKinley"
On the chip front, Intel's next big chip, the McKinley processor,
will ship with nearly double Itanium's performance and will support
64-way and 128-way systems. McKinley comes down from "Mount Intel"
next year.

SOURCE: CRN
http://www.crn.com/sections/BreakingNews/breakingnews.asp?ArticleID=29383

Wondering about Solaris on Intel? Feed your head on the subject at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid12_gci752465,00.html.

[2] "Nations uniting for open source"
Open-source is getting more and more appealing in countries that want
to get hip to the digital age but don't have a whole lot of cash in
the coffers to pay for it. In some countries, going the open-source
route isn't just an option, it's the law! An analyst says those
countries not only like the cost of free software, they also like
being free of the grip of any one vendor.

SOURCE: ZDNet
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2809001,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews01

FREE STORAGE CONFERENCE!!

**Storage Decisions 2001**

If you're going to spend $5 million+ on storage hardware and software
next year, don't miss a must-attend FREE conference developed just
for you. Attend Storage Decisions 2001 in Chicago September 26-28.
Learn to set strategy/make the smartest decisions to most effectively
manage your storage initiatives for 2002. Pre-qualified audience of
your peers and NO vendor sales pitches. Visit:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3179218;5058249;p?http://www.StorageDecisions2001.com.

GOT A PROBLEM? Get it solved in our Discussion Forums!!

In the searchSolaris Discussion Forums admins can brainstorm and
share the experiences they've had with Solaris 8, Sun Hardware and
Solaris on Intel. Plus, our site experts regularly peruse the
Discussion Forums, helping out where they can. Learn more at
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]^0@/searchsolaris.

======================================
SEARCHSOLARIS.COM WEB LINK OF THE DAY
======================================

"Storage networking: SANs expert"
Christopher Poelker of Hitachi Data Systems is available everyday to
answer your questions about the design and implementation of storage
area networks.

SOURCE: searchStorage
http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/ateQuestion/0,289624,sid5_tax286192,00.html

See all of our hand-picked BEST WEB LINKS at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,,sid12,00.html.

================
THE MISSING LINK
A look at an off-the-wall story from the Web...
================

"Musicians befriend IM buddies"
Lindsay Pagano is AIMing for stardom. The 14-year-old singer has an
album coming out, and her record label has found a very modern way to
"connect" and "buddy" up with her fans. Warner Bros. Records has
launched a specialized chat buddy on AOL Instant Messenger to answer
questions about Pagano's upcoming album, lyrics and musical
inspiration. That would have been unthinkable in the 8-track era. The
name is "LindsayBuddy" in case you want to add it to your list.

SOURCE: CNET
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-6996671.html?tag=mn_hd

System administrators know how important it is to stay informed in
the highly competitive IT marketplace. That's why every other week we
send out our popular Solaris system administrator tips. Getting to
know all the intricacies of Solaris is a never-ending process, and
our administrator tips are a convenient way to learn something new
about the OS that you might have overlooked in the past. Don't wait
to start receiving these timesaving tips. To edit your profile today,
go to http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/register/1,,sid12,00.html.

SOUND OFF! WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK - We're looking for your feedback
and suggestions as to how we can improve the site. If you have any
comments or suggestions please send an e-mail to Assistant Editor
Mark Brunelli at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]. We look forward to
improving your searchSolaris experience!

If you would like to sponsor this or any TechTarget newsletter,
please contact Gabrielle DeRussy at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.