Still haven't gotten a quote on a new unused or reconditioned Sun
workstation or server from Radiant Resources? It's time to stop
compromising on your short-term technology needs because of budget
reductions. As a discount broker of Sun equipment, we can offer you
significant savings on systems, storage arrays, memory, disk and
other components. You get the equipment you need configured, tested,
and delivered...on time and at budget. Sound too good to be true?
Give us a call at 800-500-7675 or visit us at
http://www.radiantresources.com and see what your colleagues have
been taking advantage of for years.

LEAD STORY

"Solaris Security"
At searchSolaris we've got all the news stories, security tutorials
and expert advice you'll need to ensure a worry free night's sleep.
Sweet Dreams!

SOURCE: searchSolaris
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid12_gci756562,00.html

Solaris Admin and Sun Server users...Join us TODAY for a "Security
Forum Discussion Day" with Sun Microsystems' Mark Thacker. Thacker
will be answering questions posted to our security discussion forum
today until 3 pm (EDT). Simply point your browsers to
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?50@@.ee85fd0.
Feel free to start posting your Solaris security questions
immediately.

OTHER SOLARIS AND INDUSTRY NEWS
[1] "IBM reveals new midrange Unix server"
[2] "Sun down but not out"
[3] "Users ponder fate of Compaq's Tru64 Unix"
[4] "Users left with plenty of questions in wake of deal"

[1] "IBM reveals new midrange Unix server"
According to IBM's Web site, the company is introducing a new
midrange Unix server with the company's fastest processor yet. The
eight-processor pSeries 660 6M1 comes with either the earlier RS64
III chip running at 500MHz or the newer RS64 IV at 750MHz. But The
p660 6M1's new chip will soon be overshadowed by IBM's top-end
"Regatta" server using the Power4 chip. Sources say Regatta will
debut Oct. 2.

SOURCE: CNET
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-7060248.html

[2] "Sun down but not out"
It's been a rough stretch for Sun, to be sure. And while the near
future offers no obvious signs of rapid improvement, Sun may still be
in better shape than its competition.

SOURCE: CNET
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1007-200-7025216.html

[3] "Users ponder fate of Compaq's Tru64 Unix"
Despite reassuring words from the heads of HP and Compaq, users
express concern over the fate of Compaq products. For enterprise
server users, the big question is: How long before Compaq's Tru64
Unix fades into oblivion?

SOURCE: searchEnterpriseServers
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci765232,00.html

[4] "Users left with plenty of questions in wake of deal"
What will be left of Compaq? What technologies will be absorbed by
HP? What redundant technologies will be eliminated? HP and Compaq
users need to know.

SOURCE: searchHP
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci765248,00.html

TAKE OUR NEW POLL!!

What do you think Hewlett-Packard's acquisition of Compaq will mean
to you, the customer? Tell us what you think at
http://www.searchSolaris.com/poll.

======================================
SEARCHSOLARIS.COM WEB LINK OF THE DAY
======================================

"Solaris Security"
In this online chat transcript, Bill Van Emburg, co-founder and
Chairman of Quadrix Solutions, answers questions about Solaris
security. Topics covered include locking down services, strategies
for implementing security policy and keeping up to date with patches.

SOURCE: searchSolaris
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/onlineEventsTranscript/0,289691,sid12_gci512007,00.html

See all of our hand-picked BEST SECURITY WEB LINKS at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid12_tax1346,00.html.

================
THE MISSING LINK
A look at an off-the-wall story from the Web...
================

"Find your lost luggage online"
The Net is taking more of the fun out of life. The joy and mystery of
wondering where your wayward luggage went are in jeopardy thanks to a
new link from the Aer Lingus Web site. If your bag gets lost
somewhere between Shannon and Chicago or Dublin and Durban, the Irish
airline will link you to mylostbag.com. From there, you can find out
exactly where your bags are and when (or if) you'll see them again.
Imagine living in Walla Walla, clicking on the site and finding out
your bags are bound for Bora Bora!

SOURCE: silicon.com
http://www.silicon.com/public/door?REQUNIQ=999604133&6004REQEVENT=&REQINT1=47076&REQSTR1=newsnow

==========================
FREE STORAGE CONFERENCE!!
==========================

**Storage Decisions 2001**

If you're going to spend $5 million+ on storage hardware and software
next year, don't miss a must-attend FREE conference developed just
for you. Attend Storage Decisions 2001 in Chicago September 26-28.
Learn to set strategy/make the smartest decisions to most effectively
manage your storage initiatives for 2002. Pre-qualified audience of
your peers and NO vendor sales pitches. Visit:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3179218;5058249;p?http://www.StorageDecisions2001.com.

Whether it's keeping after end users to follow security policies or
simply deciding what those policies should be, the task of making
sure your Solaris network is properly locked down can seem like a
full time job. But fear not Solaris nation, searchSolaris.com is here
to make that daunting task a little easier. We've got Solaris
security experts lined up to help provide you with the solid
information you'll need to thwart the attacks of enterprising hackers
everywhere. Sign up for the Solaris Security tip, and we'll deliver
that information to you inboxes regularly. Remember, you can't have
too much security. To sign up today, just change your profile at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/register/1,,sid12,00.html.

SOUND OFF! WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK - We're looking for your feedback
and suggestions as to how we can improve the site. If you have any
comments or suggestions please send an e-mail to Assistant Editor
Mark Brunelli at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]. We look forward to
improving your searchSolaris experience!

If you would like to sponsor this or any TechTarget newsletter,
please contact Gabrielle DeRussy at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.