Title: TechTarget
a weekly newsletter fromTechTarget
searchSolarisThis Week
February 03, 2003 >> Receive this email as text  >> About this email
 In this Issue

>> From the editor: For best results, Update your SearchSolaris.com profile
>> Featured Topic: A Crash Course in N1
>> Expert Technical Advice: Ken Milberg, multi-platform Unix expert
>> Site Highlights:
* Webcast: Server consolidation
* SearchSolaris.com White Paper Library
* Special Sun webcast

 From the Editor:

by Chris Sluz, Site Manager

SearchSolaris.com member:

Because you are a registered member of SearchSolaris.com, I know you are an IT professional that understands the value of keeping pace with trends and developments in the industry. And I am sure you know that 2003 promises to be a challenging year for both suppliers of IT products and the companies that depend on them for business continuity.

At SearchSolaris.com, our goal is to be the number one resource you use to help meet these challenges in the coming year and beyond. In order to do that, we need to focus our content offerings on the needs of our member base, and take quick action when those needs change. To help us in this endeavor, we ask that you take a couple of minutes now to log in and edit your profile.

Simply visit, log in, and make sure that your interests are accurately reflected and that you are signed up for the newsletters that you need.

Again, we depend on these profiles, along with your feedback during the year, to fine-tune our content. So update your profile whenever your needs change and feel free to email me [EMAIL PROTECTED] if there is ever anything you can't find on the site.

We will help you face the challenges ahead. We will help you excel in 2003.

Best wishes,
Chris Sluz
Site Manager

 Featured Topic:

A Crash Course in N1
by Mark Brunelli, Site Editor
Unclear on Sun's new N1 server virtualization strategy? Here's all the information on N1 that's been given out thus far. When you're done looking it over, be sure and test your newfound knowledge by taking Mr. Know-It-All's quiz on N1. It's located at the bottom of the featured topic page. For previous featured topics, CLICK:

Read more about this topic

 Expert Technical Advice:

Featured Expert Ken Milberg, President/Unix Systems Consultant, Unix Solutions

Category: multi-platform Unix expert
In heterogeneous Unix networking environments, interoperability is the key. Our multi-platform Unix expert is available to answer any techie questions you have about any flavor of Unix. So ask away, and keep those networks running smoothly.

To read Ken's answers to previous questions, CLICK HERE:
View all Ken's answers

This Week: In the forums
>> An explanation of "containers" in Solaris 9

Sun Microsystems' security guru Mark Thacker offers an in-depth explanation of containers in Solaris 9. In a nutshell, containers is a concept about how to separate any one user's processes or applications from others on the same server. For more information on Solaris 9 containers, click the link below.

For the complete tip, CLICK HERE:

Tip of the Week:
This tip explains to configure a Windows server so that it can be used to connect a Solaris workstation to the Internet.

For more Solaris Administrator Tips, CLICK HERE:

>> Get a Solaris Internet connection via a Windows PC

 Site Highlights

Server consolidation
Get the details about server consolidation from Yankee Group Senior Analyst Laura DiDio
Whether you currently run Unix or Linux, server consolidation is a key component of a network upgrade. Learn more today.

SearchSolaris.com White Paper Library
Visit the White Paper section of our site today
Bookmark the page for quick access to our collection of white papers -- free to all SearchSolaris.com members.
Special Sun webcast
Monday, February 10, 2003 ? 12:30 p.m. EST (17:30 GMT)
See firsthand Sun's vision for network computing-from the data center to the network edge. It's an all-out assault on computing costs and complexity, and there has never been a better time for it. Click above to sign up for the reminder. It's an easy way to make sure you're in your seat when the big event starts.

FREE EMAIL SERVICES!
Select newsletters you would like to receive from the list below.
Solaris Security Tips
Administrator Tips
Daily News
Email:

Not a member? We'll activate your
membership with your subscription.
Data Center Futures
Don't just get the latest? get the future! Find out what industry analysts, IT Managers and experts see coming in the future of the data center. Opt-in to this newsletter now.
Sign up now

Security Tips
Subscribe to receive tips directly to your inbox every other week to help you prevent hacker attacks.
Click here

Easy Java
With all the Java info on the Web, it can take forever to find just the right reference. But we've already sorted through it all, so you can save time and focus on your job.
Find it now

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
Created by TechTarget
TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media
Copyright 2003, All Rights Reserved.

To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

>> Simply Reply to this Email with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
-OR-
>> Go to: http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
   - Log in to edit your profile.
   - Click on the link to Edit email subscriptions.
   - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
   - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".