As far as I know, the fingerprint is based on the public key (or is the key? someone who knows more than I might want to clarify this) of the SSH server. Eve could pass on the fingerprint, but she would not have the private key, so data encrypted using the public key associated with that fingerprint could not be decrypted by Eve. Of course, nothing stops Eve from presenting her own key and hoping that the user doesn't check the fingerprints.