I just started playing around with Snort a few days ago...
Today, I had just compiled it on my laptop running Slackware 7.1.
I then started Snort and went to a Windows 2000 laptop ( two inches away
from me, ;) )  and ran:
ping -l 65500 slackhost
and, boom, Seg Fault - and Snort dies without logging any
information...   Leaving me wide open to continue and do other work.
Now, keep in mind this may be due to my own ignorance of setting snort
up... I just compiled snort and started snort right after that compile
with no options or any tweaking...

Does the problem lie within my own ignorance on setting up snort?
Or could this be a potential problem?

Just asking for input from any fellow snort pros.

Danke!