We have this W2k (Professional) and want to by-pass the login window. It
has all the guest/ default accounts disabled and has only 7 accounts for 7
users. What are the various ways we can penetrate this pc with or without
gaining Administrative access? Can any user (other than admin) get the
password file and brute force it to crack the password?

Also we want to setup IIS/ FTP/ SSH/ SMTP, POP etc and want to test them.
Is it a good idea to switch from Professional to Advanced Server for
installing all these? We don't have any domain name registered and have 1
NIC attached to this PC; is it possible to dummy test all these in pc as
localhost? Should we buy consider upgrading to Adv. Server?

Any kind of help will be much appreciated.