Phil Park wrote:

> The POP3 (and IMAP) daemon that comes with the Pine distro support SSL.
>
> http://www.washington.edu/pine
>
> Most of the big mail clients (Netscape, Outlook, etc.) support SSL connections.
>
> However, I don't know about secure SMTP support.

Why not ? Read www.sendmail.org about TLS protocol (i'm using that in Netscape)
Second one is to use stunnel from client to SMTP server with SMTP auth, or you will
take a open relay with SSL ;) (i'm using that in OE)

> I haven't looked into that (since we only relay university IP addresses, and the
>university has switches).

The additional security for 0 $$ is a good idea, i guess ;) Why do not do that ?

--
Pavel
Information Security Officer of DeltaBank