Bypassing a firewall is a good question to be asked my security engineers.  And
probably half of the people on this list know methods to beat different types of
firewalls.  For those of you familiar with SANS, they offer classes that touch on this
topic, like the Firewall class and the advanced hacker tools class.

however, it is important to note that there are different types of firewalls using
different methods of protecting.  There are 3 basic types of Firewall systems used
today:
·       Packet Filtering
·       Application Gateway Proxy
·       Stateful Inspection
And please don't exclude the personal software firewalls like Zonealarm, Blackice and
so on.

Most hacks I see today are attacks that go right through the firewalls.  Like the new
AIM exploit.  Or the old Unicode on IIS exploit.  If you had a web server, port 80 was
open.  And allowed.  So why go through the trouble of going around, when you can pass
through unnoticed?

In addition, to answer your question.  I suggest you check out some hack sites.  Like
BSRF, Security Writers Guild, PacketStormSecurity, and so on.  They provide
documentation and tools to help you achieve this very task.

Good Luck,

Chalres

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any
dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you,
Standard & Poor's