Calhoun, Heath wrote:

> I am attempting to block the multimedia search program kazaa on a pix 515
> running ios 4.4.
> Pinging the Kazaa website, I got a address of 213.248.107.10.  The program
> uses port 1214.
> I need to block any access to the website and to the program.  I have tried
> several conduits
> without success.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Heath Calhoun

Assuming you have a two interface Pix, you can set up an access list for
outgoing traffic.

access-list 1 deny tcp any host 213.248.107.10 eq 1214
access-list 1 deny udp any host 213.248.107.10 eq 1214
access-list 1 permit tcp any any
access-list 1 permit udp any any
access-list 1 permit icmp any any

Then place the access list on the inside interface:

access-group 1 in interface inside

This rule will block traffic to that address and port, and then allow
all other outbound connections. HTH

Rich

--
Richard Walsh