I would encourage you to contact a lawyer that has an understanding of
your business and a background in technology law for your own due
diligence. However, does your company have policies, standards and
supporting procedures regarding confidentiality and non-disclosure,
handling of sensitive information or data, general security and
professional behavior or ethics policies? If so, perhaps an addendum to
the contract whereby the vendor will sign off understanding and acceptance
of your company's established policies and procedures will do.
Then again, I'm not a lawyer, take the above with a grain of salt.

If your company does not have any written documentation that relates to
your concerns, perhaps this is a perfect opportunity to sell your
superiors on the idea of establishing proper policy, in turn better
managing your risk.

John Daniele

Technical Security & Intelligence
http://www.tsintel.com