I no the ip of my comp is totaly different that is why i was part of the reason i was
wondering about the loop back traffic.  I do have and lsof and i will look in to that
to see what is going on..
And yesterday i saw a lot of traffic going in to and out of my DSL modem (physicaly
seperate from my box) and i didnt show any new usage of the internet via netstat and
my firwall monitoring utilitys.. do you think this could be a break in attempt or
could i have already been broken in to?

Thanks
Craig