Ahh that was the problem.. linux and BSD use different versions of netstat and i didnt
think of that when i was positing to the list.  BTW Im using FreeBSD
just thought you should know.
Sorry for all the confusion.
this just goes for to show how similar yet different versions of OS's use slightley
different things.
Craig