From: "Dave Falloon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 10:31
Subject: Arp Spoofing with wireless networks

> Hi everyone,
>     Just a few questions about 802.11 :
>         Am I correct in assuming that arp spoofing on a wireless network
is way more of a problem than on a wired network?
>         Is there some safe gaurd in place that keeps this from happening?
>         Is 802.11 ethernet based, does it use the arp at all?
>
> If not then potentially I could spoof my way into a MiM attack with no one
any wiser and I only have to be near the signal.  I don't have to get
through a firewall, I don't have to hack any boxes, all I have to do is be
close enough that I can transmit to and recieve from your base station.  If
all of this is true then how is it that people would ever implement a
network that includes even a small portion of wireless nets.  I hope I am
wrong about this because there have been cries for wireless from above in my
organization.