try using msgsnarf, it comes with in the dsniff tarball i believe.
it doesn't just log aim conversations, but the following:

<snip>
DESCRIPTION
       msgsnarf  records  selected messages from AOL Instant Mes
       senger, ICQ 2000, IRC, MSN Messenger, or  Yahoo  Messenger
       chat sessions.
</snip>

a plus is the ability to utilize regex, and tcpdump filters.

- erik