Hi all,

I'm looking for product suggestions of DHCP servers that require authentication from
the client before handing out an ip address.  It must also be able to use MAC address
registration, and I would like to see if there is a way to only allow clients that
have been assigned IPs from the DHCP server to be able to leave the local network
segment.  IE, make it so someone plugging a rogue laptop into the network and
assigning a static IP to their machine, would not have access off the local network
segment, or out to the internet, even if through network switch configs even....

I am not sure if this is even possible though, because when I utilized a Bell-Atlantic
DSL a few years back, they required me to install a client to be able to get an IP
from their DHCP server so I could get to the internet (I was unable to circumvent
this), but when I switched to a local DSL provider, over the same physical DSL
connection, the local provider assigned to me a local ("NAT'd") static IP, and with
that I was able to shoot straight to the internet with the proper network settings,
thus successfully circumventing the previous provider by not needing to log into a
DHCP server.  (Only thing I could guess was perhaps I was using a different class B or
C network and a different gateway over the same network segment?)

So my question is, does anyone have any DHCP server suggestions?  Also, any network
hints to handle the second part?