Your best option would probably be to use a managed switch which allows
you to specify the mac address of each machine that is connected to a
specific port, and to disallow any other conenction or MAC address. This
way, it would not be possible to get an IP address or talk to anything
on the network, because no packets would travel if unauthorized.