> I would like to attend a class on Ethical Hacking, Hacker Techniques and
> Exploits to gain a better understanding of what we need to prepare for as an
> Incident Response Team.  I am looking at the SANS class that is offered, but
> it seems like they study old exploits and old tools in this class.  I've
> also seen others from CERT and ISS.  I would like to get some feedback from
> anyone who has attended this sort of class, and what they thought or would
> recommend.  Thanks for your time.

I have attended ISS's Ethical Hacking course, and found it on the whole,
useful.  The course content is very hands on (I found it  abit basic
though), and the staff (at ISS in London at least) are very clued in and
will help or even try and mimick any scenario you could imagine.

The course will cover bits of law etc in the ethics section,
and will cover a number of exploits (some old, some fairly new)
in the hands on - quite a tough exam at the end too.

In short - if you have a good grounding in hacking already, you
might find it a bit basic, for beginners it might be a bit hard,
but ask the right questions, and you can generally 'tune' it to
your own requirements.  On the whole, I recommend it.

--
  _           _          _a' /(   <.  # Gaz Wilson, aka DragonLord
 /_/ _   _/  / ` / _  ~~ _}\ \(  _  ) # E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]