From: "Mike Carney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 21:01
Subject: Software Product Download and FTP

> Hello All,
>
> Thank you in advance for those who reply.
>
> We are currently looking at a way to protect the download of our products
on an ftp server.  What we need to accomplish is:

> Use an FTP server
> Password protect the directories
> Handoff a Web user from our website and log them into the proper directory
on our ftp server

> The reason for this is we are now going to offer 'full' versions of our
products for download after they are purchased via our online store.  The
problem that we are encountering is that we only want those people who go
from leave the purchase portion of the site to be able to download the
programs.

> We can't allow people to be able to just browse the ftp server and
download the files that they want.  If anyone has gone through this or may
have some suggestions or links for a scenario like this it would be great if
you could send them along.