On 28 Feb 2002, jon schatz wrote:

> it doesn't. there is no central CA. instead, you have to get someone to
> certify that you are who you say you are. and then everyone who trusts

Yes, I got the same info from somewhere else. According to the other
person this is not the job of the keyserver. You could do something like
call up the other chappie and get his key fingerprint etc etc.. So that
part is clear.

The second part is, say I am running the key server. Now there is a user
X I want to certify. What I will need to do is most probably sign his
public key with my private key??

I am currently trying out Mark Horowitz's pks and openkeyserver. Now,
just wondering if anyone here knows how this certifying could be done
on these keyservers??

Regards
Sumit Dhar