There are ways and tools available to do ARP spoofing
and basically jam up the cam table of the switch. I'm
not sure offhand how susceptible the 5500 is to this
kind of attack though. You're probably aware of this
though.

The Cat 6000 series has Private VLANs which let you
have Isolated or Community VLANs within a VLANs. This
is pretty cool because the main VLAN could be your DMZ
IP Subnet and you can have sub-VLANs in the same IP
subnet and keep the traffic seperate and control what
port traffic comes in/out on.

Devices in a isolated VLAN can only send/receive
traffic to the port mapped to that Isolated VLAN and
not with other devices in the same isolated VLAN.

Devices in a community VLAN can send/receive traffic
to the port mapped to that Community VLAN and also the
other devices in the same Community VLAN.

Also, Private VLANs are local to the switch and you
can't trunk them between switches.