Although you did not mention it I will assume you are behind some sort of
firewall and have your web server in a dmz. If you do then you just need to add
a rule that would prevent denial of service attacks. This would check all
connections and make sure they are not trying to send you more than x
connection requests a minute, if they are then the rule drops every request
from that host after x. If you are running iptables as your firewall I can
provide you with the rules to do this.

If your web server is not behind a firewall I would recommend putting it behind
one ( in a dmz type configuration).

- Nick Edens

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (3/6/02  9:29 AM):