Okey, I got your point. Just to clarify it, in case some other reader didn't
got it.

iptables -A -> will add to the end of the chain
iptables -I (without rulenum) -> will add as the first entry on the chain

I just looked at the summary of the manpage, where it states:

       iptables -[RI] chain rulenum rule-specification [options]

And not

       iptables -[RI] chain [rulenum] rule-specification [options]

Maybe an update of the manpage is in order ?

 Rodrigo Barbosa                   - rodrigob at tisbrasil.com.br
 TIS                               - Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
 "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"  - http://www.tisbrasil.com.br/
 Brainbench Certified -> Transcript ID #3332104