This may be worth looking at:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/ittasks/support/CorpWU.asp

This white paper describes the features of Microsoft® Windows® Update Corporate
Edition, a new tool for managing and distributing critical Windows patches that
resolve known security vulnerabilities and other stability issues in Microsoft Windows
2000, Windows XP, and Windows .NET Server operating
systems. This paper also presents solutions for some customer scenarios which Windows
Update Corporate Edition addresses.

This product will be available in Q2 / 2002 as a web download from www.microsoft.com.
More details will be posted to www.microsoft.com soon.