Have you ever tried working from a computer that has cmd.exe disabled?  "no
known problems"?!?  Just try walking an oblivious user through some
troubleshooting steps on a computer where you can't have them type 'cmd' to
bring up the dos prompt!  Now multiply that by 20,000 users.

This rapidly mutating thread started from a single website post that doesn't
work for over 75% of the people that tried it.  I haven't read any post that
clearly states how it is a threat...and I am not sure it isn't just a smoke
and mirror trick to freak people out.

Shouldn't we be trying to figure out what it REALLY does, how it REALLY does
it, and if it REALLY is a serious threat before we start making everyone's
life hell over a webtrick?

I agree that security professionals should be more paranoid than the average
tech worker, but we need to balance that with some good thorough thinking
and planning!  Or we end up annoying everyone for no reason and making
enemies instead of educated allies.  I think everyone will agree that
educated allies are very beneficial when you really need to pull out the big
guns over an issue that is expensive but really vital.

Douglas Gullett, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP