I've been playing recently with the web-delivered java vnc client available
on most VNC installs (using Tight myself at the moment) at this url
http://yourhosthere:5800 and was curious if anyone developing on VNC had
looked at encryption from that standpoint, i.e. with maybe ssl encryption. I
mean, you've already got a minimal "web server" there to load the java
client, is it really that much of a step to do an SSL-tunnel?