From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 5:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Vendor Remote Access

Our organization works with many third party vendors.

If a deparment buys a new application from a vendor, it usually comes with
support. This means they should be able to access the server remotely.

Some require PCAnywhere to be installed on the server and can be accessed
via dial-up systems(modem banks).

We have plans to install VPN in the future. If we do get a VPN system. Don't
the vendor still require some kind of remote control software to administer
their application ?

We just want them to administer their application and NOT operating system.

Please let me know what you think ?

Thanks,
Jaime