> I am trying to compile a report on the level of
> potentially hostile probing that is being done to
our
> internet connection.

No offense, my friend, but you're on a fool's errand.

How are you able to determine what "potentially
hostile probing" is?  You say these are
"attempts"...does that mean that your personal
firewall is dropping the connections?

Let me ask you this...what is the purpose of this
server?  Is NetBIOS required for the functionality of
the server?  If not, why not simply uninstall it?  As
it is, you've given yourself a lot of rather useless
work by having the firewall record all of these
dropped datagrams.

> Is this legitimate traffic?

Who knows.  Did you happen to capture any outbound
traffic?  These datagrams could very well be
information you've provided.

> What exactly is it, and what software is producing
it?

Again, it's hard to tell exactly.  But then, I'm not
exactly clear on why it even matters.