TERRA209792([EMAIL PROTECTED])@Fri, May 17, 2002 at 12:18:47AM +0200:

> What is the best free software for encrypting e-mail?
> Any sugestion?
>
> It must be compatible with outlook express and outlook 2000.

Many people swear by PGP/GPG (basically anything which uses the
OpenPGP standard.  The Windows version has plugins for Outlook Express
and Eudora, possibly other MUAs as well, it's been a while since I
checked.  With the toolbox it comes with, though, it's very easy to do
things like sign or encrypt a highlighted bit of text in any program
(via the clipboard).

The only issue is that the current (and very likely final) release
does not play well (if at all) with Windows XP.  It does, apparently,
work on all other Win32 platforms.

Of course I don't know if anyone has tried to actually compile a
version for XP from the source, rather than merely trying the
Win9x/ME/NT/2000 executables.

Still, it's worth looking at:

http://www.pgpi.org/
http://www.openpgp.org/