>I know I've seen this question asked before but can't seem to find the
>information.

primarily because if everyone knew how to sniff internet traffic, the
internet would be a very unsafe place ;)

>How difficult is it to Sniff Internet traffic?

difficulty rating: 8.3 >;D

ok, the only way i've been able to do this is because by default, source
routing is enabled on certain cisco routers... this allows you to define
your route manually, i.e., telnet gatewayip@nexthop@nexthop@victimgateway
as an example ;) after you have defined your route, make a virtual
interface such as eth0:0 that has the same ip schema as the local network
you wish to sniff or hop on. next just load up your favorite packet
analyzer(i prefer ettercap) and set it to use the virtual interface your
just created.. "ettercap -i eth0:0" -- then BLAM!@$(!$*@# you're sniffing
traffic. i made a tool for this but never released it because it mean
people would just sniff remote networks all day instead of finding
vulnerabilities and writing code and i believe it'd raise a whole new
generation of script kids --  ick. :D i hope this was informative... shoot
me an email if you have any other questions..