From: Kevin Bachelder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 12:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Understanding Port

Hello all,

I ran a port scan using the freeware program SuperScan 3.0 from Foundstone
(http://www.foundstone.com/knowledge/scanning.html). I have a very limited
knowledge of ports but I did recognize most of the open ports. However, on
one of my W2K servers I had the following entries....

|___ 1025 network blackjack
|___ 1031 BBN IAD
|___ 1048 Sun's NEO Object Request Broker
|___ 2103 Zephyr serv-hm connection
|___ 2105 MiniPay
|___ 3000 HBCI
|___ 3001 Redwood Broker

I can find web sites that list the different ports and some of these
programs but I can't find anywhere that explains what these programs are or
what they do. Are they normal or could they be trojans? Any advice or links
to good resources would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Kevin Bachelder

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - Windows NT 4.0 (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Professional - Windows 2000 (MCP)
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Repair Technician (A+)

_______

IMail Server has scanned this e-mail for viruses using Declude Virus from
Optrics.com

IMail Server has scanned this e-mail for viruses using Declude Virus from Optrics.com