But how Draconian do you want to be?  I think that it is a written policy is
justification enough.  I would also assume you have a prohibition on any
downloading of files from the internet as well.  I feel even with such a
policy in place you should have antivirus on the desktop as you will not have
100% compliance.  To achieve full compliance you will need to use a
firewall/proxy device to block all access to such services.

Jim Liddil