From: Johnson, Wayne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 10:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Wireless LAN question

I doubt it. A GPS device is a receiver, not a transmitter. Unless he sends his GPS
data over your network :)

It occurs to me that you could do a little preparation work with a wireless laptop. By
walking around your wireless coverage area you could identify public areas that have
good signal strength. That might reduce the number of places you have to look. While
the technique is probably useless in a large campus environment, it might be useful in
a smaller single building environment.
-Wayne