From: Harish Gondavale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 6:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to find open shares on the n/w

Hi,

I am very satisfied with this mailing group as i get
new great ideas and solutions, which I never found in
any other group.

I need help again for you all on my two questions.

1. I wanted to find out the open shares (shares w/o
password or everyone can access these share) on the
network. Is there any utility or software to findout
these PCs.

Reson: there are few m/cs which are floating in the
network infected with funlove (flcss) virus.

2. My expereince with Sophos is, eventhough the Sophos
is installed it will not stop the infection of funlove
through network shares. Can anybody tell me is it same
with McAfee?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Harish