From: Infosec Risks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 4:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: risk evaluation & risk management

Hi, I am quite new to the list but I find many
of your discussions quite interesting.

At the moment I am working and researching in the
field of infosec risk evaluation and risk management.
Can anybody help me find some useful links,
papers, thesis, tools, anything useful in this field?

My idea is to try prove to the IT management in a
company they need to invest certain amount of
money into the protection of their most valuable
assets/information systems.

Sometimes it is hard to evaluate the real value of
information/assets processed in a company.
How to quantify the risks and in the end how
can be the identified risks met? The goal is
to provide BS7799 compliance of the security
policy but again - the most feasible.

Most likely companies should not invest more money
into their information security than the value
of the possible loss is (in case of an incident)?

Thanks for your help.

BR,

Sand@