My understanding is that, even if you close all the ports, the software will
still respond in some way. Assuming that you can trust the machine and
everything running on it to do that, you're allright. I have no idea about
proving it. I guess you have to rely on really secure Host Intrusion
Detection stuff with secured log files using checksums and all that other
stuff I don't quite understand.

-Steve