Hi!
You might also try poptop (http://www.poptop.org/).
This is a PPTP-Server for Linux. Not the most secure, but quite
reliable and easy to set up.
This works well with Win9x/WinNT/Win2k.

So if you don't need a high security solution this one might suit you
quite well.
Further more you do not need any comercial software. (Windows is shipped
with builtin
support for pptp. Win9X can be upgraded using the MS website.)

Hope this helps, too,
Greetings, Michael.