> Oggetto: Re: Methods for distributing pas
>

> That seems rather insecure. What if (s)he's left the mobile somewhere and
> didn't realize it? Someone could pick it up and then would have the
> password.
True, but wouldn't the one who picked up the mobile still need other pieces
of information to use it (username, dial-in number or physical location of
the terminal) ?

What we did in a company I worked for some years ago, was authenticating a
person via voice with three random personal questions (the answers had been
previously asked at user's registration) like mother's maiden name, date of
birth, place of birth, and the like. If you replied with no esitation at
those three questions you would get your password directly from the help
desk operator (and it was a one time password forced to be changed at first
logon).

My 0.02 Euros :-) worth.

--
Alessandro Bottonelli