You're right of course, and no need to apologize at all.
In my post I didn't mean to ask people to show me the gory details
of how to use SSH or SSL.
I believe the original poster asked about differences in SSH vs. SSL
when used as a remote login solution.
What I was just asking is different in some respect. All I needed to know
is if I can use any of those for securing communication between a client
and server program, and the general idea of how to do it.
But more important than the *how* is: which is more suitable for this kind
of thing.

Anyway, thank you for your comments..

Regards,

25/09/02 00:57:37, Daniel Miessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Pardon me, but when have ppl given me that information ??
>>
>> The only hint I have about the diff between SSH and SSL is the message
>> I replied to. When I was talking about elaborating on tunneling I was
>> basically asking what can I do with tunneling. Neither the SSL or the
>SSH
>> websites give any real hint to this, not that I have found.
>>
>> Just one example: can I code a client/server applications and encrypt
>and
>> do authentication with SSL/SSH tunneling ? I've no idea, not from the
>> things I've read about those two. Yeah, SSH is a secure login and
>shell
>> for a remote system. That I know. It's more than that, isn't it ??
>>
>> I'm sorry if you're impatient about my post, but I don't recall people
>answering
>> me and me being a nag about it all over again.. Maybe it's just my
>memory,
>> but who knows..

>Ok, perhaps I was too much of an ass with my comments; for that I am
>sorry.  My point is better stated this way - your question is a bit
>large.  The original poster stated that he wanted to know the difference
>between the two technologies, and several people replied with great
>information.  Now you are asking people to elaborate.  I think some
>other people need to chime in here and tell me if I am wrong about this,
>but I think that is going a bit overboard with the question.
>
>If your question is whether or not you can write applications that
>tunnel their network traffic through ssl and ssh, then the answer is
>yes.
>
>The problem comes when you respond with, "How?"
>
>Do you see what I mean?  At some point you have got to hit google up for
>the heavy stuff and get dirty.  I guess the location of that point is up
>for debate, but hopefully I am not wrong here about which side your
>question fell on.
>
>This stuff is actually up to the mod to deal with though, so I am going
>to shut up now.
>
>Good luck with your research.
>
>--danielrm26

"There's so many different worlds