It would help if we knew a bit more about your setup, like what OS you're
using for example.  A simple end process or KILL should get you up and
running, but oviously you're concerned about how it got that way in the
first place.  How long have you had the problem, have you done anything
different lately, what sort of setup do you have, is this a company computer
on a network, or a single system, etc etc.

>From: baba ali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: idle process?
>Date: 26 Sep 2002 13:48:59 -0000
>

>Hello
>
>My machine is responding really slow now.After I run Process viewer
>program,here is what I find
>
>Process:Idle  Pid : 0x0  Cpu :76%  Desciption:system idle
>Priority:0     Thread :0
>Properties : no path , no command line , no current directory
>              no parent ,no version
>

>Did my machine get infected with a malicious code,How come a process
>running idle can take up to 76% of Cpu ?
>
>Thank you again!
>
>Baba

Chris Berry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"I have found the way, and the way is Perl."