have you checked out dsniff?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 8:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Sniffing in switched network

Hello,

I've read through some documentation about sniffing the

switched network. There are some arp-cache methods to

discover a sniffing host (switched or "normal" network

is not important here I think), if it is the switched

network will I get the result I want, or first I have

to become a  sniffer also (i.e. arp-poison the switch

cache) - to get the responses that will tell me who is

the sniffer?

Most documentation I read is somewhat old (2 years), is

everything aleady well known and described in this

subject or are there any running projects?

Thanks for help,

Norbert