Bob,

Do you know if it is possible to set two IP's on a Micro$oft Server for use for one to access the internet and the other to accept VPN connections.

Chris

From: "Bob Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Getting an IP address from a MAC address
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:18:47 -0500

Steven,

If I understand your question right, there is no correlation between a
MAC address and an IP address.  The MAC address is assigned to the
physical piece of hardware, according to the manufacturer and various
other pieces of info about that specific physical piece of hardware.
The IP address is determined by network nodes and can be assigned as a
user sees fit.  Hence, my NIC on my system here actually has two (2) IP
addresses... One assigned by my ISP, and another which I assign
internally on my internal network.  But it only has one MAC address,
which I can't change.

One thing I can do is spoof my computer's NIC MAC address into my
router, which basically assigns my system's MAC address to my router.
This is necessary if your ISP assigns IP's based on the original NIC
installed in your machine when they turn on the service.

All this is a long way of saying... I don't believe there is a tool that
does what you're asking about.

Bob