If you are on the same subnet, you can use the arp table on your local computer
to assign the MAC address an IP address.  I used this trick the other day on a
W2K box to access the web interface of a new printer.

arp -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx zz-zz-zz-zz-zz-zz (xxx=ip and zz=mac, the -s = add to
arp table)

Since I had the mac address of the printer, I told my local box to think that
the printer's mac address was set to a certain IP address.  I was then able to
scan that IP to find which ports where open.  Since port 80 was open, I was
able to get in via http and set the IP address to what I wanted.

It might not get you the actual IP that host is set to but should get you 1)
information about the host and 2) access via IP to that host.

Seth