From: Su Wadlow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 1:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Deploying Microsoft patches

--On Friday, July 11, 2003 2:47 AM -0700 Ronish Mehta
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Currently we are deploying patches manually, and this
> is very time consuming, and we are not able to keep
> uptodate with the latest patches being released by
> Microsoft
>
> Anyone who has an automated process for deploying

Microsoft Software Update Services.

<http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/windowsupdate/sus/default.asp>

Basically a company-internal version of Windows Update.  Note that
you can't use it to apply service packs; but it's *great* for applying
other patches.  And it's one product that you don't have to pay MS
for. :-)

We've been using it for patch deployment for over a year now, and it
works great.  Takes all the manual labor out of keeping our systems
up to date.

--
Su

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm