For email encryption, there's **ALWAYS** PGP ( http://www.pgp.com ) , and for the
open-source adovcate out there, GNU Privacy Guard ( http://www.gnupg.org/ ): both work
purely at the client end.

> (c) Any security flaws in using solutions for mail
> encyption

As always, insufficient key length, insecure algorithm, or hackable
passphrase/password.

> Thanks
>
> P.S. I;m using Exchange server 5.5 currently, will
> migrate to Exchange 2000 soon...

You might want to consider Exchange 2003 instead: it offers encryption at the server
level.  I'm not sure if you need the Outlook 2003 client to make the encryption
seamless or not. . .