On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, D N Vaidya wrote:

> May I know what is SUS stands for? Also I want to know the best practice for
> deploying new Service Packs and Hot fixes in production environment. Because
> I faced some problems after installing SP4 of Win2K server on one production
> machin. That machine became very slow and stopped sending mails to the
> Internet but i can send mails within Intranet.
>
> Next time I dont want to repeate same mistek.

Every desktop support group I have worked with in larger firms has had
controlled pilots of SP and hotfix rollouts.  Seems to work well for
them as a best practice.  Obviously it can't catch every interaction
but gives a comfort level.

> Also where I can get the
> technical info of new service packs i.e. what changes that SP is going to do
> on my system and is there any way to roll back only required component of SP
> or Hot fix.

technet.microsoft.com usually has these answers.  For W2K SP4 the
technet article is unusually thorough - (I can't determine if it is accurate
but I don't have any complaints)

Hope this helps.