On 12/08/2014 10:03, Peter Firmstone wrote:

Interesting, language features for modules, won't necessarily involve ClassLoader's (my assumptions were based on existing systems) although you'd expect modules to have their own ProtectionDomain.

I think it would be reasonable to expect to that you should be able to grant permissions to specific modules. This is something for a difference discussion thread of course.

When is a better timeframe, roughly, to discuss Serializable?

I'm sure there isn't a best time that works for everyone that is interested in this topic. However, in terms of JDK 9 then it seems early enough to do the exploration and prototypes, and get moving on proposals.

-Alan.