On 4/21/2016 9:24 AM, Wang Weijun wrote:

>> On Apr 21, 2016, at 8:07 AM, Xuelei Fan <xuelei....@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'll model after Authenticator. That would need some synchronization.
>>>
>> You have already make synchronization.
>
> You mean synchronized for instantiateIfNecessary? But this time I need to
> synchronize on cc which is static.

I see.

>>> I even dare not write "Users should provide unique personalization string"
>>> in the spec. That will scare away possible users.
>>>
>> Why scare away possible users?  It is pretty easy to use unique strings.
>
> I don't think so.
OK.  I should say I think it is pretty easy.

> For example, the NIST recommend a network card address and a library uses it
> as the personalization string. The NIC address is unique, but how to prevent
> an application call the library method twice and create 2 DRBGs with the same
> string?

;-) You choose an example that the string is not unique for twice calling.

>> I think as spec say highly desire of unique, it would be better to make
>> the recommendation in JDK spec.  ;-)
>
> Because of the reason above, I don't want to put this burden on the user.

I would suggest you have some words for the recommendation.  ;-) But
it's up to you.

I would guess your final decision is that you will not say the
recommendation in JDK spec.  OK, go ahead.

Xuelei