On 7/10/2017 1:55 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:

What I'm mostly trying to get at here is to decouple or remove the list of curves in ecdecode.c in favor of the list in the java stuff (CurveDB.java) (or elsewhere). The C code should mostly only have to deal with the math and not the housekeeping.

I agree that this would be a nice improvement, but I still think it is outside of scope of this fix. What you propose is a significant reorganization of the ECC code, and I don't think we should do that as part of a bug fix. It should be considered as a standalone refactoring effort, or maybe done as part of the next enhancement that adds support for new curves.

Mike