I created JDK-8184122[1] to track this SunEC refactoring effort.

On 7/10/2017 2:51 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:

(Hmm.. have you checked to make sure that the list of curves in ecdecode is a subset of the curves in CurveDB - if not you may still have another problem).

What problem do you expect this will cause? If there is a curve that is in ecdecode, but not in CurveDB, then that means it is not supported. Any attempt to use it should result in the expected exception before execution reaches the native code. So the code for this curve in ecdecode is effectively dead, and there may be some technical debt here, but are there other problems that I am not thinking of?

Thanks-  Mike